Over 5 Hours of Great Scottish Music on 4 Themed CDs. Anthems, Ceilidh, Party/Singalong, Tranquility
100 Scottish Greats Box Set CDs include the following tracks:
Disc: 1 - Anthems 1. Scotland the Brave (Pipes & Drums & Regimental Band of the Royal Highland Fusiliers) 2. 500 Miles (Live Version) (The MacDonald Bros ) 3. Flower of Scotland (The Munros) 4. Braveheart (The Munros) 5. Caledonia (Julienne Taylor ) 6. A Scottish Soldier (Andy Stewart) 7. Wild Mountain Thyme (The Munros) 8. Loch Lomond (The Munros) 9. Highland Cathedral (Kelly Brown & Voices of Scottish rugby) 10. Scots Wha Hae (Pentlands Folk) 11. Scottish and Proud of It (The Munros) 12. Local Hero Theme (The Munros) 13. Mull Of Kintyre (The Munros feat. Former Junior World Champion David Methven) 14. Ye Jacobites by Name (The Munros) 15. Sailing (The Munros) 16. A Man's a Man for A' That (The Munros featuring David Methven) 17. Ae Fond Kiss (The MacDonald Bros) 18. Skye Boat Song (Celtic Spirit) 19. Celtic Mantra (Julienne Taylor) 20. My Love Is Like a Red Red Rose (Duncan McCrone) 21. Bonnie Dundee (Buccleuch & Queensferry Caledonia Pipe Band) 22. Always Argyle (Duncan McCrone with The Tron Band) 23. Dark Island (The Munros featuring David Methven) 24. Crazy About Scotland (Celtic Spirit)
Disc: 2 - Ceilidh 1. Bluebell Polka (Jimmy Shand) 2. The Jigs Medley (Ceilidh Minogue) 3. Celtic Reel (The MacDonald Bros) 4. Strip the Willow, Neil Throw's Reel, Manola's Reel (Addie Harper & The Wick Scottish Band) 5. Medley (Ceilidh Minogue) 6. Dashing White Sergeant (Jim Johnston & His Band) 7. Virginia Reel Medley (Haud Yer Lugs Celidh Band) 8. The Gay Gordons (The Lothian Scottish Dance Band) 9. The Circassian Circle Medley (Ceilidh Minogue) 10. Loch Lomond (Billy McIntyre & His All Star Ceilidh Band) 11. Fiddle Faddle Medley (Jimmy Shand ) 12. Scottish Waltz Medley (The Lothian Scottish Dance Band) 13. The Red House Reel (Jimmy Shand ) 14. Gaelic Waltz Medley (Ceilidh Minogue) 15. March, Strathspey & Reel Medley (Freeland Barbour) 16. Highland Schottische Medley (Haud Yer Lugs Celidh Band) 17. The Duke of Atholl's Reel (Jimmy Shand ) 18. The Witches Reel Medley (Ceilidh Minogue) 19. Hamilton House (Jimmy Shand ) 20. Rabbie Burns Reels (Glebe St Ceilidh Band) 21. Ceilidh Country Medley (Haud Yer Lugs Celidh Band) 22. Rocky Mountain Medley (Part 1) (Jimmy Shand) 23. The Two Step Medley (Ceilidh Minogue) 24. Eightsome Reels (Billy McIntyre & His All Star Ceilidh Band)
Disc: 3 - Party/Singalong 1. Come in Come in (It's Nice to See You) (Andy Stewart) 2. The Song of the Clyde (Kenneth McKellar) 3. Hoots Mon (Lord Rockinghams XI) 4. Donald Where's Yer Troosers (Andy Stewart with The White Heather Group) 5. Skinny Malinky Long Legs (Collie Crew) 6. Shang - a 7. Stop Yer Ticklin Jock (Party Mix) (The Mad Macs) 8. Bonnie Wee Jeanie McColl (Marc Andrew) 9. Ye Cannae Shove Yer Granny aff a Bus (Collie Crew) 10. Beautiful Sunday (Scottish Mix) (Angie Cameron) 11. Scottish Sing a Long Medley (Wattie Watson and Friends) 12. Young At Heart (The Bonaly Boys) 13. Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep (Party Mix) (DJ's Ess & Gee feat. Angie) 14. Fitba' Crazy (Collie Crew) 15. Magic (The MacDonald Bros) 16. Love Is All Around (The MacDonald Bros) 17. Roamin' in the Gloamin' (Harry Lauder) 18. The Happy Haggis (Bert Shorthouse & His Glenlomond Band) 19. Bye Bye Baby (DJ's Ess & Gee) 20. Millport in the Morning (The Trailenders) 21. Come Back Susannah (Collie Crew) 22. Second Hand News (Julienne Taylor ) 23. Be Baw Babbity (A laddie or a Wee Lassie) (Collie Crew) 24. You Can Always Come Home Son (The Macs) 25. The Tongue in Cheek Wee Scottish Medley (Pub singer mix) (Wattie Watson and Friends) 26. I Don't Wanna Talk About It (The Munros Feat. Julienne Taylor)
Disc: 4 - Tranquility 1. Ye Banks and Braes (Celtic Spirit) 2. Flowers of the Forest (The Munros) 3. Hasten and Come With Me (The Munros Feat. Dougie Pincock) 4. The Music of Spey (The Macs) 5. Amazing Grace (Emma) 6. Mist Covered Mountains (The Munros feat. David Methven) 7. The Hill (Julienne Taylor) 8. Come O'er the Stream Charlie (Celtic Spirit) 9. Maid of the Loch (The MacDonald Bros) 10. Land o' the Leel (Duncan McCrone) 11. The Rosebud (Celtic Spirit) 12. Rosslyn Chapel (Solace A Tu) 13. Annie Laurie (Celtic Spirit) 14. The Glen of Tranquillity (Celtic Spirit) 15. Morning Has Broken (The Munros featuring David Methven) 16. Calm After the Storm (S Wood) 17. The Rowan Tree (Celtic Spirit) 18. Turn out the Light (Celtic Spirit) 19. Bonnie Galloway (The Munros feat. David Methven) 20. Why (Julienne Taylor) 21. Will Ye No Come Back Again (Celtic Spirit) 22. I Will Protect You (Julienne Taylor) 23. The Lea Rig (Duncan McCrone) 24. Lord Lovat's Lament (The Munros featuring David Methven) 25. Loch Lomond - Amazing Grace (The Munros feat. Julienne Taylor) 26. Auld Lang Syne (The Munros featuring David Methven)
The Broons Gold Collection 4 CD Box Set contains over 5 hours of great music on four Themed CDs. Big UK Numbers 1's, Golden Greats, Family Favourites and Ballads.
Gold Collection Disc 1 of 4 - UK No.1s.
1. Only the Lonely (Roy Orbison) 2. The Young Ones (Cliff Richard & The Shadows) 3. Cathy's Clown (Everly Brothers) 4. Apache (The Shadows) 5. It's Now or Never (O Sole Mio) (Elvis Presley & The Jordanaires) 6. Poetry in Motion (Johnny Tillotson) 7. Runaway (Del Shannon) 8. Johnny, Remember Me (John Leyton) 9. Walkin' Back to Happiness (Helen Shapiro) 10. I Remember You (Frank Ifield) 11. Telstar (The Tornados) 12. Come Outside (Mike Sarne) 13. Running Bear (Johnny Preston) 14. Good Timin' (Jimmy Jones) 15. Well I Ask You (Eden Kane) 16. Who's Sorry Now (Connie Francis) 17. Nut Rocker (B Bumble & The Stingers) 18. Return to Sender (Elvis Presley & The Jordanaires) 19. Walk Right Back (Everly Brothers) 20. What Do You Want (Adam Faith) 21. Blue Moon (The Marcels) 22. Three Steps to Heaven (Eddie Cochran) 23. What Do You Want to Make Those Eyes At Me for (Emile Ford And The Checkmates) 24. Living Doll (Cliff Richard & The Drifters) 25. Dream Lover (Bobby Darin) 26. Only Sixteen (Craig Douglas) 27. It Doesn't Matter Anymore (Buddy Holly) 28. Sidesaddle (Russ Conway) 29. Hoots Mon (Lord Rockinghams XI) 30. When (Kalin Twins) 31. Magic Moments (Perry Como)
Gold Collection Disc 2 of 4 - Golden Greats.
1. Let's Twist Again (Chubby Checker) 2. A Teenager in Love (Marty Wilde) 3. Shakin' All Over (Johnny Kid & The Pirates) 4. Rock a Hula Baby (Elvis Presley) 5. A Picture of You (Joe Brown) 6. Speedy Gonzales (Pat Boone) 7. Hey Baby (Bruce Channel) 8. Locomotion (Little Eva) 9. Let's Dance (Chris Montez) 10. Things (Bobby Darin) 11. Happy Birthday Sweet Sixteen (Neil Sedaka) 12. Bobby's Girl (Susan Vaughan) 13. It Might As Well Rain Until September (Carole King) 14. Sherry (The 4 Seasons) 15. The Wanderer (Dion) 16. Do You Wanna Dance (Cliff Richard and The Shadows) 17. Hello Mary Lou (Ricky Nelson) 18. Take Good Care of My Baby (Bobby Vee) 19. You're Sixteen (Johnny Burnette) 20. Hats off to Larry (Del Shannon) 21. Wonderful Land (The Shadows) 22. Stupid Cupid (Connie Francis) 23. Twistin' the Night Away (Sam Cooke) 24. Spanish Harlem (Ben E King) 25. Here's Comes Summer (Jerry Keller) 26. Move it (Cliff Richard) 27. Stuck On You (Elvis Presley) 28. You Got What It Takes (Marv Johnston) 29. Why Do Fools fall in Love (The Teenagers Feat. Frankie Lymon) 30. La Bamba (Richie Valens) 31. Save the Last Dance for Me (The Drifters)
Gold Collection Disc 3 of 4 - Family Favourites.
1. Que Sera Sera (Whatever Will Be Will Be) (Doris Day) 2. Bye Bye Love (Everly Brothers) 3. That's Amore (Dean Martin) 4. Good Morning (From Singin' in the Rain) (Gene Kelly, Donald O'Connor, Debbie Reynolds) 5. Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow (The Shirelles) 6. Scottish Soldier (Andy Stewart) 7. Your Cheatin' Heart (Hank Williams) 8. Hit the Road Jack (Ray Charles) 9. Young Love (Tab Hunter) 10. Blueberry Hill (Fats Domino) 11. Spanish Eyes (Al Martino) 12. Please Help Me I'm Falling (Hank Locklin) 13. Love and Marriage (Frank Sinatra) 14. Charlie Brown (The Coasters) 15. Dr Finlay's Casebook (TMK Collective) 16. Wonderful World (Sam Cooke) 17. The James Bond Theme (The John Barry Seven and Orchestra) 18. Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend (Marilyn Munroe) 19. Tip Toe Through The Tulips (The McGuire Sisters) 20. Make 'Em Laugh (From Singin' in the Rain) (Donald O'Connor) 21. See You Later Alligator (Bill Haley & His Comets) 22. Wooden Heart (Elvis Presley) 23. Memories are Made of This (Dean Martin) 24. All I Have to Do is Dream (Everly Brothers) 25. Travelin' Light (Cliff Richard) 26. Singin' in the Rain (Gene Kelly) 27. The Theme from "A Summer Place" (Percy Faith) 28. Mack the Knife (Bobby Darin) 29. Oh Boy (Buddy Holly & The Crickets) 30. My Old Man's a Dustman (Lonnie Donegan)
Gold Collection Disc 4 of 4 - Ballads.
1. Can't Help Falling in Love (Elvis Presley) 2. Stranger On the Shore (Acker Bilk) 3. What Kind of Fool Am I (Sammy Davis Jnr) 4. Climb Ev'ry Mountain (Shirley Bassey) 5. When I fall in Love (Nat King Cole) 6. Stand by Me (Ben E King) 7. My Funny Valentine (Frank Sinatra) 8. The Great Pretender (The Platters) 9. I Can't Stop Loving You (Ray Charles) 10. Tammy (Debbie Reynolds) 11. Born Too Late (The Pony - Tails) 12. Crazy (Patsy Cline) 13. Portrait of My Love (Matt Monro) 14. What a Diff'rence a Day Makes (Dinah Washington) 15. Raining in My Heart (Buddy Holly) 16. Over The Rainbow (Judy Garland) 17. Moon River (Danny Williams) 18. What Now My Love (Shirley Bassey) 19. Are You Lonesome Tonight (Elvis Presley) 20. He'll Have to Go (Jim Reeves) 21. Theme for a Dream (Cliff Richard) 22. La Mer (Beyond The Sea) (Bobby Darin) 23. The Wonderful World of the Young (Danny Williams) 24. Let It Be Me (The Everly Brothers) 25. True Love (Bing Crosby & Grace Kelly) 26. Till There Was You (From The Music Man) (Edmund Hockridge) 27. Running Scared (Roy Orbison) 28. You'll Never Walk Alone (Frank Sinatra)
As always, The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo is a truly global celebration, bringing together military and cultural performers from Oman, Malawi, Czech Republic, Belgium, United States of America, Mexico, Canada, Australia, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
The 1200 strong international cast perform The Sky’s the Limit, in celebration of human potential, embracing Scotland's Year of Young People with colourful performers joining from across the globe.
The Massed Pipes And Drums: The Royal Dragoon Guards The Queen's Royal Hussars 1st Battalion Scots Guards The Royal Scots Borderers, 1st Battalion The Royal Regiment Of Scotland The Highlanders, 4th Battalion The Royal Regiment Of Scotland Royal Air Force Pipers Trail Brisbane Boy's College Manly Warringah Paris Port Dover The Royal Victoria Regiment Association Scotch College
PLEASE NOTE that this DVD is dual format and is playable on any machine Worldwide.
The Brandon McPhee band play a selection of tunes synonymous with Sir Jimmy Shand, a trip down memory lane remembering this remarkable man.
A celebration of the life and music of the late Sir Jimmy Shand, prolific composer and band leader, an international star and legend of the Scottish music whose tunes continue to feature in the repertoire of most traditional accordionists and dance bands.
Brandon McPhee (Hohner Shand Morino accordion, vocals, acoustic guitar) Alastair MacDonald (second accordion, harmony accordion) Manson Grant (piano, bass, harmony vocals) Phil Anderson (acoustic guitar, harmony vocals track 6) Robert Cameron (drums)
1. Six Twenty Two Step 2. Lady Elgin of Broomhall/ Lord Elgin of Broomhall 3. The Agnes Waltz 4. John Macdonald's March 5. Lass O' Patties Mill/ Davy Nick-Nack/ Deveron Reel 6. Auld Scots Mither Mine 7. Bill Black of Stanley/ Arlene Bowie/ Jim Money 8. Dr Ross's 50th Welcome to Argyllshire Gathering/ Dundee City Police Pipe Band 9. Whistling Rufus 10. Lunan Bay/ Lady Angela Alexander/ It's Grand Among Your Ain Folk 11. Cameron Highlanders/ Australian Ladies 12. Memories of Willie Snaith 13. Shuffling Samuel 14. Jimmy Shand the Legend 15. Bonnie Dundee/ Midlothian Pipe Band/ I Lo'ed Nae Lassie But Ain 16. Auchtermuchty Gala March 17. A Welcome Christmas Morning 18. St Andrew's Parade/Harveston Castle/Breadablane Reel/Bobby Watson 19. The Bluebell Polka
The Steel Guitar, an instrument which can produce magical voice like harmonies was invented in the Hawaiian Islands at the end of the 19th Century. Today the Lap Steel as it is sometimes known can be heard in many different musical styles ranging from Country, Blues and Pop to Indian Classical music. On this recording Scottish Steel Guitarist Dougie Stevenson plays popular tunes and traditional Scottish Airs on Dobro, Lap Steel and Pedal Steel Guitars.
1. Over The Sea To Skye 2. Albatross 3. Amazing Grace 4. Dark Island 5. Sleepwalk 6. My Love Is Like A Red, Red Rose 7. Caledonia 8. South Georgia Whaling Song 9.. In The Garden 10. Westering Home 11. Bonnie Lass O' Fyvie/Cock O' the North 12. Annie Laurie 13. Mist Covered Mountains Of Home 14. Auld Lang Syne
The Tumbling Souls are a country music band from the Isle of Lewis. A supergroup of the best musicians from the Outer Hebrides from all genres of music.
The sound is heavily influenced by the Country music and Bluegrass of America from the 50’s and 60’s with more than a hint of Scottish Traditional music seeping in through the instrumentation of the band.
The Tumbling Souls were formed in April 2017 as an excuse for performing musicians and friends to spend time with each other and has spiralled out of control. Viral videos online ensured the band were quickly performing at festivals to crowds of thousands and are excited to share their debut album through Stornoway’s Wee Studio Records. The music is very fun and very entertaining. Be prepared to smile and dance.
1. Don't be Afraid of the Dark 2. Heart to my Soul 3. Knowing Where you Come From 4. City of Adelaide 5. King of the Moon 6. Rain and Clay 7. Dance a Little Better (Live) 8. Wishing my Time 9. My Foundation 10. Torn in Different Ways 11. Stornoway at 2AM 12. Years go By
At last - it's on CD! Yes, The Road Rage Cowboy hits the turntables at full speed, along with Mrs Mac's B&B, Last Ferry To Skye, Highland Wind Crofter, Traveller's Guide To Caithness and other hilarious gems from the crooning crofter. A double CD pack contains Colin's offerings of pithy insight into Highland life, with a few serious songs to let you gather your breath betweentimes. The ultimate in Highland humour.
CD 1 includes Road Rage Cowboy, Perthshire Autumn, Mains of Slacktackit, Traveller's Guide to Caithness, Farewell Tae Tarwathie, Banffshire Braes, Grease Gun Geordie, Scottish Farmer, Rock a Hula Quinnie, Highland Grain, Gaff With No Scales, Mrs Mac's B&B, Radio Caithness Weather, Div Ye Mind & more.
CD 2 includes Shorepath to Kyle, Balmacarra Once More, Highland Dams, Scottish Diet, Col Cowboy Builder, Country Clothes, Highland Wind Crofter, Midge McNipper, Laird Lamb Sale, The GM Kid, Old Cornhill Mart, Last Ferry to Skye, Skye Bridge Tolls, Kilbaddie's Bonnie Quine, The Furrow's End & more.
Volume 4 contains 16 tracks of techno pop created by George Bowie.
1. Energy Rush 'Suburban Delay' 2. Do You Wanna Party -DJ Scott' 3. Take Me 'Dream Frequency' 4. Wizards Of the Sonic 'Westbam' 5. Gouryella 'Gouryela' 6. Everytime You Touch Me 'QFX' 7. Obsession 'Mallorca Lee' 8. Lethal Industry 'Tiesto' 9. Hell's Party 'Glam' 10. Concrete Angel 'Gareth Emery' 11. Out Of The Blue 'System F' 12. Light A Rainbow 'Tukan' 13. Elysium 'Ultrabeat And Scott Brown' 14. Toytown 'DZ' 15. Hardcore Feelings 'Charlie Lownoise And Mental Theo' 16. Come Running 'Darren Styles'
'Lasses Trust in Providence' is the name of a traditional Shetland fiddle tune but it also neatly describes the content of this album. Here are ninth to twenty-first century women’s tales which illuminate the 'She' in Shetland. In dialect and occasionally English language, songs touch on themes of exploration, witchcraft, motherhood, friendship, creativity, courage and survival. Traditional and self-penned, lyrics combine to paint a nuanced picture of island femininity, framed by memorable melodies.
Claire White has been been playing fiddle for more than three decades and songwriting for eight years. She learned music from the late, great Dr Tom Anderson and has travelled worldwide performing and teaching Shetland material. Robbie Leask is a multi-instrumentalist from Lerwick who plays guitar on this album. He was fiddler in Aberdeen-based ceilidh band, Hogtie, for a number of years and is currently guitarist in the Corran Raa quartet.
1. Da Fateful Tale o Marion Pardone 2. Da Norrowa Wheel 3. Da Hennie 4. Hands Across the Hills 5. Minnie o Shirva's 6. Peanuts' Shed 7. Song of Aud the Deep-Minded 8. Da Delting Spinning Sang 9. Kirstie Caddel's Prayer 10. Betty Mouat's Sang 11. Sang for Jean Pole 12. Thanks Mam 13. Baloo Balilli
Sometimes They Get Into the Machinery is the fourth album from virtual band Imaginary Creatures. The group is a studio project formed by the collaboration of lyricist and songwriter David Scott along with producer, composer and multi-instrumentalist Iain McKinna. A little different from previous offerings, this album is the result of David’s long-held desire to make an album using real strings - principally cellos - to augment the traditional guitars, keyboards and drums. To this end we have recruited cellists Wendy Weatherby and Ron Shaw and violin virtuoso Seonaid Aitken.
We are also pleased to welcome back drummer Ted McKenna, who played on the second Imaginary Creatures album. Best known for his time with Sensational Alex Harvey Band and Rory Gallagher, Ted is still touring extensively with Band of Friends and Michael Schenker Fest.
The blend of rock and classical instruments has produced a lush and intriguing sound for this album, augmented in places by sampled instruments. Some of the songs rock, others are delicate and ethereal. All are haunting, in keeping with the album’s theme of ghosts.
The album was mainly recorded at Offbeat Studios in the heart of Edinburgh, with Ted’s drums recorded at Heartbeat Studio in Midlothian.
1. Electric Warrior 2. Extase 3. At Winter's End 4. Dreams of California 5. Shades In The Rain 6. Mr Teddy Bear 7. Wait For Me Judy 8. The Messenger 9. The Night 10. Dread The Dark Season 11. Ground Zero 12. The Wrap Party Of The Damned
The pin-up poster-boy for Irish Country Music Derek Ryan continues his fairy-tale success story by launching his second Live DVD - Derek Ryan Live. It captures live the supremely gifted singer song-writer performing some of his best known hits like 'God's Plan' and 'Hold On To Your Hat' as well as some songs that you'd not hear out in the dance halls such as 'Will You Go Lassie Go' and 'A Mother's Son'. Recorded Live From The Eden Court Theatre In Inverness during his busy tour of 'The Fire' album it - It shows just what a talented performer and showman Derek is along with his talented band.
Hold On To Your Hat, You're Only Young Once, Pretty Little Lonely Eyes, Heaven Tonight, Will You Go Oh Lassie Go, Pick A Bale Of Cotton, My Father's House, Adalida, Irish Medley, Bluegrass Selection, A Mother's Son, Favourites Medley, Down On Your Uppers, Ceili Drumming, Life Is A River, Where Do You Run, Merle Haggard Tribute, It's Friday, Scottish Medley, Wake Me Up/Shut Up And Dance, God's Plan.
Hooked is the 18th annual CD of the students of the National Centre of Excellence in Traditional Music (Sgoil Chiuil Na Gaidhealtachd). These CDs are well established as an acoustic yearbook, and all the material is chosen and arranged by the students themselves. This year no fewer than 19 of the tunes recorded, including the title tune, were composed by the students, their family members, or tutors who have worked at the Centre this year. There is, of course, a high proportion of older material too, but the Centre is proud to be able to give the creativity of these young people an outlet, and to see the tradition being kept moving forward as a consequence.
1. James Brown’s Ceilidh 2. Thig Am Bàta 3. We’re A Case 4. The Highland Widow’s Lament 5. The Sesh 6. Madalief’s Bin 7. Tha Na h-Uain Air An Tulaich 8. Mum And Dad’s 9. Domhnall Nan Dun 10. Ruith Na Gaoith 11. Monk’s Popcorn 12. Mary K’s Waltz 13. Roslin Castle 14. Castle Nostrum 15. Edinburgh Rock 16. The Last Set
1. Sgt. Early’s Day 2. Mala Chaol 3. The Long Waistcoat 4. Tionndaidh Am Bàt’ 5. Mr Ballentine’s Centenary 6. Còta Mòr 7. Hooked 8. Malts On The Road 9. The Silly Deer 10. Bothan Mairi 11. Innis Dhòmhsa Cà’il Thu Cadal 12. Farewell To Nigg 13. Gur Milis Mòrag 14. Return From Stac 15. November Tunes
The album comes in a gorgeous-looking black and white digipack, including a 16 page booklet, artwork and design by the fabulous Somhairle MacDonald somhairle.co.uk. Also includes vintage photos of the Speyside line and Highland Railway taken by photographers from the 1920s up until the '60s.
1. The Speyside Line 2. Double-Header 3. Jocky the Mole 4. The Firebox 5. The Old Ways 6. Up the Hill 7. Helen's Song 8. The Station 9. Dr. McGugan's Favourite 10. The World Came in By Rail 11. Cheery Groove 12. Diesel 13. The Railwayman, Pt. 1 14. The Railwayman, Pt. 2 15. The Railwayman, Pt. 3
Some Other Land’ is the much-anticipated new album from leading fiddle player Adam Sutherland, and refers to the fact that most of these catchy melodies have been coming to the award winning composer in his sleep. Adam is one of Scotland’s most well known fiddlers and won the ‘Composer of the Year’ at the 2017 Scots Trad Music Awards.
1. The Wizard 2. Lupins in the Lairig /Calum and LB's / Katie Knight's Daughter 3. Emma's Waltz / Mairi Duncan of Errogie 4. The Lada / The North-Sider 5. Tune for Hayley 6. Alap 7. Somhairie Dubh / Allan Thornton frae Sydes Brae 8. Kevin Henderson 9. Sushi 7/8 10. The Broken Man and the Banker 11. Dusk on Loch Ness
Long awaited solo CD from Charlie Abel, the band leader of The Iron Broo Ceilidh Band. 'A Celtic Voice' features a selection of songs and Accordion instrumentals. Some are well known favourites, some are Charlie's own creations.
All music arranged and performed by Charlie Abel: Accordion, keyboards, guitar and vocals.
1. Bad-Tempered Woman 2. Dr. Fritz Wendland (Instrumental) 3. Long Before Your Time 4. The Dark Island (Instrumental) 5. Up The Noran Water 6. Ronnie Watt's 9th Dan (Instrumental) 7. Bittersweet Waltz 8. Loch Tay Boat Song 9. The March Hare (Instrumental) 10. Mormond Braes / Mormond Reel 11. My Turriff Grandma (Instrumental) 12. Dae Yi Mind On Lang Lang Syne? 13. Albert & Dorothy's Tunes (Instrumental) 14. Rosie Findlay (The Heather Wifie) 15. Freedom Come-All-Ye 16. Aberdonian Sunset (Instrumental)
Night in that Land is a collection of music from Orkney, Scotland and beyond, played by members of the Orkney Strathspey and Reel Society. It is the Society’s fourth album, this one released to celebrate the 70th anniversary of the OSRC's founding in 1948.
The tunes are a cross section of the repertoire played at their friendly weekly practices, where up to twenty musicians meet to share their enjoyment of traditional music. Fiddles, accordions, piano, double bass, mandolin, guitar, cello, viola and whistle all feature in this lively selection of sets.
1. The Banks of the Nith / In the Garb of Old Gaul 2. Gary's Polka 3. The Rakes of Kildare / Roaring Jelly / Dumfries House 4. Jean and Andy Leonard's Waltz 5. Brumley Brae / Lorna's Reel 6. Morag Ramsay 7. The Craic at Clashmore Hall / The Kiwi Pipers 8. Florence Killen's Waltz 9. E & M Seatter and M Maxwell / Orcadia / Catching Rabbits 10. The Deerness Two Step 11. The Jig of Slurs 12. Night in that Land 13. St. Ninian's Isle / Da Road to Houll / Merryn's Reel 14. The Churchill Barriers / The Twos 15. Willie and Bertha's Boston 16. Filet Bobine / Montgomery Bell Waltz 17. Pottinger's Pineapple Polka 18. Six-Twenty Two Step
'When Barley Reaches Shore' is Alastair Savage's 5th solo album. It continues his output of classic Scots fiddle repertoire by Niel Gow and James Scott Skinner included on his previous release 'Alone Wth History' in 2016, whilst at the same time adding the music of William Marshall, another great fiddle composer of the 18th century, to the collection. Following the purely unaccompanied fiddle sound of his last recording, this album adds to his work with Euan Drysdale on guitar and piano alongside Iain Crawford on double bass, the trio having performed together on Alastair’s earliest 3 albums. Tracks include Skinner’s beautifully haunting airs 'Hector The Hero' and 'The Music O' Spey' alongside many of Gow's famous strathspeys, jigs and reels celebrating the composer's Perthshire roots such as 'Highland Whisky', the 'Marquis Of Tullibardine' and 'Dunkeld Hermitage'. Marshall’s 'Chapel Keithack' is one of Scottish fiddle history’s most famous melodies and forms the centre piece of the Marshall tribute.
As well as the music of the great 18th and 19th century fiddle composers, Alastair includes many of his own compositions as well. On this album the ‘Islay Wedding Music’ Part 1 features melodies commissioned by friends for a wedding on Islay in 2013 and Part 2 includes tunes written by Alastair for his own wedding in 2016 on the same island. His other composition is ‘The Soldier’s Prayer’ which is a deeply poignant dedication to the British soldiers lost recently in conflicts overseas. The album represents Alastair’s first recording project alongside sound engineer David Gray at the Sound Cafe near Penicuik, Midlothian. The album was recorded over a three year period starting in 2015 and David has expertly captured the individual moments of inspiration from the trio. His experience of recording many different genres of music is of great value in highlighting the contrasting styles of the tracks on the album.
1. Farewell To Whisky / Highland Whisky / Miss Stewart Of Grandtully 2. Marquis Of Tullibardine / Dunkeld Hermitage 3. Hector The Hero / Milladen / The Devil In The Kitchen / The Devil And The Dirk 4. The Soldier's Prayer 5. Islay Wedding Music, Part 1: Wedding Morn / Jenni Minto's One Way Ticket To Sanaigmore Beach / The Port Charlotte Reel 6. Islay Wedding Music, Part 2: Welcome Jig / The Boat To Jura / Finlaggan's Farewell 7. Marquis Of Huntly / Miss Cameron Of Balvenie / Mrs McPherson Of Gibston 8. Chapel Keithack 9. Miss Hannah Of Elgin / Mrs Fraser Of Cullen 10. The Music O' Spey
1. Ya Can't Stay Here 2. Hayley Jo 3. Little More Time For Drinkin' 4. Here I Stand 5. Where You Are 6. Honey Honey 7. I Do 8. Oh Me Oh My Oh 9. Small Town Summer 10. To Waltz With My Mother Again 11. Off The Beaten Track 12. The Door
FUNBOX's brand new CD featuring all the songs from their live shows ONCE UPON A CHRISTMAS & ONCE UPON A TIME + 4 fantastic bonus tracks!
Get ready for some singalong storybook silliness with Anya, Kevin, Gary and Bonzo the Dog. Are you sitting comfortably? Good, then we'll begin..
Fee-fi-fo-fum, our keys are gone and there’s worse to come! All your favourite stories are going wrong and it's up to the Funbox gang to make sure everyone lives happily ever after!
Featuring classics like 'Old King Cole' and 'Three Wee Mice', as well as brand new songs and FUNBOX favourites; ONCE UPON A TIME is packed with singalong fun for all the family and features all the songs from Funbox’s amazing live show – plus four fantastic bonus tracks!
1. FUNBOX Rhyme 2. Once Upon a Time 3. That’s What I Learned In The School 4. Three Wee Mice 5. Storybook B.O.N.Z.O. 6. The Girl And The Wolf 7. 12 Days Of Christmas 8. Old King Cole 9. Birthday Bounce 10. He'll Be Coming Down The Chimney 11. Jingle Bells
Bonus Tracks: 12. Just Dance, Dance, Dance* 13. Tattie Soup 14. Buddy Bear 15. Open The Locks
Stephanie Devlin's debut album 'Blessings' features 12 beautiful hymns and songs, presented with gentle piano and strings accompaniments by producer Jonathan Rea. The list includes classics like When I Survey and Holy Holy Holy, as well as Hillsong's Worthy is the Lamb, modern hymns from the Getty and Sovereign Grace catalogues and Laura Story’s moving ballad, Blessings.
Belfast-born Stephanie is a classically trained singer, currently a choral scholar at St John’s College, Durham. She has sung in the Royal Albert Hall with the National Youth Choir of Great Britain and was chosen as the Composer in Residence for the Ulster Youth Choir. She has recently returned from a choral performance in China. Her classical and Celtic roots can both be heard in this album; she delivers the songs with a vocal which is both pristine in its musical precision and relaxed in its lilt. Stephanie is genuinely passionate about communicating her faith through her music and sings with a natural purity which conveys the lyrics with exceptional clarity and gently persuasive power.
1. Blessings 2. And Can it Be 3. When I Survey 4. The Look 5. Good to Me 6. Grace 7. I Will Glory in My Redeemer 8. Alas, and did my Saviour Bleed 9. Worthy is the Lamb 10. He Will Hold Me Fast 11. Holy, Holy, Holy 12. The Perfect Wisdom of Our God